Monday, March 21, 2011

Followup on Colonial Williamsburg and Discounts

After getting back from our mini getaway I received an email survey from Colonial Williamsburg.  I think more companies should do this as it takes them practically no time and a very little cost to get great feedback.  I let them know that we had a wonderful visit and everything went well except that we were disappointed that all the taverns were closed except for one and that King's Arms Tavern was nearly impossible to get into to eat.  The next day I received an email from the General Manager at the Williamsburg Lodge thanking me for sharing my experiences.  She was sorry that I was not "able to enjoy our taverns during your visit as you had anticipated. I shared your comments and suggestions with our food and beverage director of historic operations. Thank you again for your time and valuable feedback which will help us to improve our guest's experience."  

Major kudos to Colonial Williamsburg for not only surveying their guests but also reading the results and quickly responding to any guest issues.  

Two promotional discounts to note:

For service members and their families: buy an annual pass for the price of a 1 day ticket (more information here). This is in addition to the typical discounts they offer to Seniors, military personnel, teachers, and local residents (click here for more information)

Also Colonial Williamsburg sent me a special offer to pass along to my "friends and family".  If you read my blog, thank you, and I consider you a friend :)  There is a code that is good through 2011 if you book one night at the Williamsburg Lodge your second night is free!!  This is a great deal with very few restrictions.  If you are interested, please leave a comment with your email address and I will pass along the info to you or you can email me directly at galwithablog@gmail.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment