Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bada Bing - new food truck in Washington D.C.

Another reason I love D.C. - the food trucks



Sometimes I get stuck in a rut and pick up the same few things to eat, usually something convenient.  Food trucks are popping up all over the DC area - and they offer much more than greasy hot dogs.  Some trucks specialize in cupcakes, others have various ethnic cuisines, and many have different stops every day (and publicize this info on facebook, twitter, or their website).  This allows the trucks to reach so many more customers, and bring new variety into various neighborhoods.

On Thursday I tried "Bada Bing" - that specializes in Cheesesteaks and Spiedies. I had never heard of a Spiedie either, but apparently it's meat (in this case chicken or pork) cooked on a stick and then put into a sandwich with a variety of toppings.

The guys in the truck were very friendly and I ordered a Cheesesteak with provolone cheese, "witout" onions.  I paid (cash only) and waited a few minutes while they prepared it.  Overall, I really enjoyed the cheesesteak.  It's probably not something I would travel across town for so I will have to monitor their twitter account for when the truck and I will be in the same place again.  Other customers asked for a sample of the spiedie meat and seemed really impressed so I may have to try one of those next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment