Thursday, April 28, 2011

Announcement and Sale from Kindle

Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE my Kindle (the e-reader from Amazon).  At first I was a little worried because I really enjoy physical books, I can't give up my subscription to the newspaper etc. but the Kindle is so light and small, the font so easy to read, it automatically bookmarks your spot, and whenever I get stuck on a metro delay I always have a few books to read.

So I was really excited to see this announcement from Amazon:

"We are excited to announce that a new feature, Kindle Library Lending, will be coming later this year. Kindle customers will be able to borrow Kindle books from over 11,000 public libraries in the United States.

Kindle Library Lending will provide the same unique features customers love about Kindle and Kindle books, including the ability to read on any Kindle or free Kindle app, Whispersync technology that synchronizes your notes, highlights and last page read, real page numbers, and more. After a library book expires, if you ever decide to check it out again or purchase it from Amazon, all of your annotations and bookmarks will be preserved.

We are partnering with OverDrive, the leading provider of digital solutions to libraries, to bring a seamless library borrowing experience to Kindle. We will announce more information on Kindle Library Lending later this year."

Hopefully, this will give libraries enough time to prepare themselves for the onslaught of e-book readers who will want to virtually borrow books!

And Amazon is offering a special deal on the Kindle 3G - if you purchase it between now and May 8th, you will receive a "free" $25 Amazon gift card! Just check the box that says "add a $25 Amazon.com gift card at no extra cost" before adding the Kindle to your cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment